Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Raising Homemakers

So, most of you know I don't have any little girls running around my house! Two precious little boys live here and I LOVE it. Who knows if or when God may bless me with a little girl but if He chooses to just give me boys, I'll be just as happy! But for those of you who do have sweet little girls, I have a great blog to share with you!


Raising Homemakers

Here is a little excerpt about the site, written by the founder Sarah Mae:


RaisingHomemakers.com was born out of a desire to grow, learn, and be encouraged by women who were living out Titus 2 and who were managing their homes well for the glory of God.
This space is for you and me to journey together in learning how to teach and train our daughters in the homemaking arts to the glory of God…and to re-train ourselves! We are extremely blessed to have wise, older women willing to give their time to teach us what they’ve learned and to encourage us in the way. I am grateful some of them are writers here.
I hope Raising Homemakers will be of help to you…it is my prayer that we would all continue on in knowledge, skill, and love. Thank you for walking the narrow path.


And actually, you don't have to even have little girls! Because it's a great source of knowledge, wisdom and practical advice for any woman of any age!

I think that in so many ways homemaking is a lost art. It's one that I'm continuing to learn! They cover all kinds of topics like cooking (look at these pumpkin pancakes), hospitality, how to stock a pantry, saving money, sewing skills (mine are limited to buttons only!), training your daughters to be godly women and seeking God as a mother.

There are several writers who are not married with children but are single and pursuing homemaking. What a noble and God honoring idea! (and why is that not the norm?!)

I definitely think you should check it out!

And if you do, start here. This is a post by one of the writers of the blog. There is a precious video of her sweet 5 year old daughter making a simple meal! It is the sweetest thing!

I'm praying those sweet little boys I have will one day find a woman who has been nurtured and trained to honor God by serving her family in the home!!


1 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this post. thanks for sharing this.