Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Oat and Toffee Grahams


My mom got me a great magazine for Mother's Day (along with some other cute suprises too!) and I've already made two recipes from it. It's a Better Homes and Gardens Potluck magazine... basically a cookbook magazine. It has 132 recipes in it! One of the dishes I made was dessert (I know, you're shocked!). My sister came home for a visit last weekend and I cooked dinner for the family one night and this was my dessert choice. It was great and everyone loved it!! I'm definitely keeping this one for Christmas!


Oat and Toffee Grahams


12 whole graham crackers (I didn't need this many)

1 1/2 cup rolled oats

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup white sugar

3 TBS all-purpose flour

2/3 cup butter, melted

1 egg, slightly beaten

1 tsp vanilla

1 12 ounce package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup whole roasted almonds, coarsely chopped (I used salted which, I think, went well with the chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan (I just used a 9x13 pan, which made my bars thicker, I think thinner would be better but I didn't have that size pan) with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer in prepared pan. In a large bowl stir together the oats, sugars and flour. Add melted butter, egg and vanilla; stir until well combined. Spoon oats mixture over graham crackers; spread evenly to edges of pan.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until oat mixture bubbles and is light brown on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Return to oven for one minute. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top of pars. Sprinkle with almonds. Cool pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut bars. Cut or break into pieces. Makes 32 bars.

To Store: Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Chill for up to 3days or freeze for up to 3 months.




*Yes, I've been on a little bloggy break. I'm needing direction, motivation and material. I'm praying about it... but I did want to share this yummy recipe with you! http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif


Linking with:http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home



Women Living Well and Raising Homemakers



3 comments:

katerri krebs said...

I cannot wait to try this!! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

Those look good! I really want to try it sometime!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Looks YUMMY & easy :) Just what I like..ha ha Thanks for sharing!!