So, what's been going on?? I've been staying busy the past few days! Here is a little list of thoughts from the past week.. this will be random but hey, that's how I'm feeling today! :)
- The weather has been SOOO nice, so Luke and I have been spending most mornings outside. We even went for a short walk one day before playing. I love watching him play outside because he loves it so much. I am dreading when the humidity hits, which won't be long! Daddy will have to spend more time with him outside then. :)
- This week was a volunteer week at the pregnancy center. We have a Walk for Life tomorrow! I'm excited to see the turnout!
- My son has food texture issues. I know this is why he refuses to eat so many different things (although we have made progress). Last night when he tried mashed potatoes, he loved the flavor and ate several bites. Well, he took one BIG bite and began to gag. That big blob of mushy mashed potatoes was just too much for him. Yeah, you know what comes next.. he threw up every bite of potatoes he ate. Dinner was then over. About thirty minutes later he did have a piece of toast, grapes and strawberries. He just can't handle some things. BTW, the potatoes were awesome despite this whole story! I had some for lunch today!
- I am attempting to grow my nails back out. I use to be a nail technician, so I know the key to pretty nails! It's easy, take care of them! When I do that, I do have pretty nails. Since Luke came along I have just gotten lazy though. So, last night I took the time to file, buff and polish my nails. I forgot to do one of the most important parts though, rub cuticle oil in before bed! I need to just set the oil on my night stand (I don't think it would be wise to put it under my pillow, like my chapstick!) so I will remember to use it!
- We're going out to dinner tonight with some really good friends of ours. I can't wait!! We don't get to see each other often so tonight is a special treat! And they are expecting their first child! So, it's fun to talk to them and share stories! She is about 7 weeks behind me!
- This book is so good! I am loving it and it is going perfectly with my study through Isaiah! Thanks to Xandra for recommending it and thanks to my hubby for already owning it! :)
- If any of you happened to read the last 3 comments on my 100th Post entry, the last one is from my husband to my mom. They have a crazy, weird relationship where they both pick at each other. I just wanted to clarify so that no one thought 'whoever that was' was being mean. It's all in fun! :)
- I made some YUMMY cookies today! I'd been craving oatmeal raisin cookies so I decided to do a little experiment and make my own recipe. I did use a base recipe but changed around a few things. I've already had 3 today! Here is the recipe:
Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
1 c butter, softened
1 c packed light brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c AP flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups rolled oats
1 c dried cranberries
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Sift together the flours, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture slowly into the creamed butter mixture. Stir in oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until light and golden. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container after completely cooled.
** Of course you could add raisins instead of cranberries and you could add nuts (I would say maybe a half cup) as well. You could also use all white flour. I just try to add in a little whole wheat when I can. You do not have to refrigerate the cookie dough. I just think refrigerated dough makes prettier cookies! Refrigerating the dough helps to avoid really flat cookies. They took about 10 minutes in my oven. Be careful to not over bake unless you like hard, crisp cookies. At 10 minutes mine were lightly golden and still somewhat soft in the middle. They set up perfectly after the 2 minutes of cooling on the cookie sheet.
Now, I'm going to post this recipe over at Leah's Recipe Exchange. If you haven't checked out the recipes there you should! Have a great weekend!