Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Afternoon with Luke.. my baby...

(Previously written over the weekend)

Around 6pm, Luke and I decided to get out of the house. I told him we needed to find his shoes in order to go outside. So, on the hunt we both go. I find his little brown crocs in the hallway and bring them to him to put on. He says, "Tank you, Mommy, for shoes." Oh, how my heart melts...

The moment those shoes are on (the right feet) we're out the door. There was a little breeze and it was just so nice out. So, I sat with my feet up for a while and Luke rode & pushed his car around the driveway (which, by the way, is his most favorite thing in the world!). We drew with some sidewalk chalk. I attempted to draw Mickey Mouse and a 'clue' from Blue's Clues. He makes me feel like they are masterpieces because he actually calls them what they are and will even say, "Good job, Mommy"... although they look far from what I attempted! After looking through my new Taste of Home magazine for some recipe ideas, I decided I needed to walk. So, off I go walking around the driveway.. with the hopes that maybe this walking will help, whenever Eli decides to make his grand entrance into this world.

Luke continues to play. He's finally starting to use his slide that we got him for his birthday in June. "I can slide Mommy. Watch Me."

After finding a few rocks and throwing them at Lily (the dog.. don't worry though, he doesn't have good aim.. yet), it's time to play with bubbles... while I continue to walk. He's really good at blowing bubbles. It didn't take him long to realize that it works a lot better when you don't actually taste the bubbles every time you blow! He has a minor fall and I ask if he's OK. At first he answers, "I hurt" but as I go over to check his barely rubbed knees, he says, "I okay" and goes on about his way.

All throughout his playing we have mini-conversations... I enjoy them so much. Most begin with "What's this?" or "Watch, Mommy". I wish I could record every one. They are such precious moments.

This was our conversation right as we're about to go in...

"Hey, Mommy"

"Hey, Baby"

"I not a baby"

"Oh, you're not? What are you?"

"I a big boy."

Sigh.. yes you are.


1 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Crystal
Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! So glad you found us :)
Isn't it funny what a small world we live in. :)

Love the story of an afternoon spent with your little boy...kids say the funniest things! I know I laugh all day at the things my children come up with (and I keep my sanity)

Jessica