You know, I debated on whether or not I was going to participate in this for a while before I decided to do it. We currently aren't in a pastorate. In fact, the one year anniversary of the Hubs being fired is coming up. So, it's longer than most I would guess? And I have a feeling it may be a while before God leads us to a ministry position. I have never spoken publicly about the details of what happened and I don't plan on it. Like I've said before, it's delicate. Not in the sense that I don't want anyone to know what happened. It's just that there are others I have to think about when speaking publicly. I have shared my feelings and how God has worked. And I'll continue to. But I do want to take the opportunity to let anyone out there in the Ministry Wives' world that I am here to listen if you need a shoulder. I didn't have many friends that I felt I could call anytime and just pour my heart out to when it all happened to us. Don't get me wrong, I had wonderful friends of support and encouragement. Wonderful! But sometimes you just need to vent and cry. Sometimes I still do.
My husband hasn't 'left the ministry'. I know it's a desire that burns deep inside him. We will just wait on God and I know He will be faithful to us. He is always faithful.
1. First Name. Crystal
2. State and Country of Residence. Sweet Home Alabama
3. Husband’s Ministry Title. He was Associate Pastor/Youth Minister
4. Length of time in Current Ministry Location. We were at our last church for almost two years.
5. Children? If yes, give gender and ages. Yes!! I have two boys, Luke (3) and Eli (14 months)
6. Number of unique homes in which you’ve lived during your marriage. We have been married 5 years and have lived in 5 different houses! The most unique being my parents house. We lived with my parents for 8 months right after my husband was fired. I never expected to move back in with my parents at 27, with my husband and two small children!
7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out? I cook most Sunday's, even if it's just sandwiches! And honestly, most Sunday's it is just sandwiches!
8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not? Seriously?? We have two small children, what do you think? Most of the time we're right on time!
9. Favorite TV Show. I love the Duggars! They fascinate me! I have even read their book! I'm also a BIG fan of The Cosby Show but I have no clue if re-runs even come on anymore! What happened to good TV? I do have the first season on DVD that I pull out every once in a while!
10. Something you watch/like/do that you would never tell the church people. (Except now you just did…lol) I must be completely and totally boring because I can't think of anything. This is totally lame.. but the only thing I can think of is that I stay up waaay too late. I usually go to bed around 12am. I need to work on that!
11. Most annoying church-related pet peeve. One thing that comes to mind is when people hold strongly to opinions on things that aren't biblically based. So many base their opinions on something they've been taught (by man) or tradition.. not the Bible.
12. One thing you need to throw away but can’t bring yourself to do it. I have a huge folder of recipes that I NEVER look in. It's followed me everywhere. I need to just chunk it. That and clothes. Last year I finally went through my tiny, strappy cute shoes and got rid of them. I kept thinking that my feet were going to shrink after I had my first. Nope. They never did. I will forever be a 1/2 size bigger. Doesn't mean I can't buy cute shoes.. it just means I can't squeeze my feet into that small size anymore!!
13. The one food you can not live without. Caffeine... either in the form of Diet Coke or coffee.. wait, is caffeine food? I say yes.
14. Parsonage or have your own home? That is a no brainer, right? We're renting a house from my dad currently. What a blessing!
15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor? I tried to always be ready for visitors. We didn't have many though. Now? You better call me before you come over! I'll probably come to the door.. but it might not be pretty! :)
I'm looking forward to learning more about the other women who are part of The Preacher's Wife, Married to the Ministry blogroll!