Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Help, I'm losing brain cells!!!

An extra note from a more rested Crystal: Please keep my sister in your prayers. She begins her journey home from China today! She will fly today to Beijing. After spending a night in Beijing she will fly to New York tomorrow. She's spending a few days in New York and then flying home on Sunday afternoon! Please pray for her safety as she travels!! I can't tell you how excited I am! She's been gone for 9 months!!! I even had a dream about it last night!

I want to write something clever and insightful.. really I do. I just can't at the moment. VBS is wearing me out.. and today is only Tuesday! I have some really awesome things on my mind that God has been showing me that I want to blog about. It will have to wait though... I can't keep my eyes open!

I think Eli is not only sucking nutrients but also parts of my brain. I came home from VBS and proceeded to put my roast in the crock pot. I coated it with salt & pepper and seared it on all sides. I sliced my onion. I mixed my water, Worcestershire sauce and cider vinegar together and poured it over the roast. I topped it off with sliced onion and garlic. I closed the lid and turned the knob to low. I did a few things around the house, checked my mail, etc. I walked over to the crock pot an hour and a half later to realize that it wasn't plugged in.

So, we had pizza tonight.

(My mom claims that the roast will be fine. And I did actually turn it on to cook when I realized what I had done.. and it cooked.. and it's in the fridge now because it wouldn't have been ready by supper anyway. But I'm not sure I want to eat it tomorrow. I tasted a tiny bite from the outside and it was pretty good. That kind of stuff freaks me out though.)

Seriously, please someone tell me I am not alone in things like this.

And that is another reason why I should have been in bed an hour ago.

Night!


3 comments:

Misty said...

It could have been worse. I admire you for trying to cook something that isn't in a box! We had hamburger helper last night so you're doing much better than I! I will be in prayer for your sister. I was actually thinking about her traveling in this morning. I've also wondered how VBS is going. I'll miss seeing you guys tonight!

DonnaK said...

no....it isn't just you....they suck the brain cells right out of your head!! It doesn't get better either! (it hasn't for me anyway!) One time at Wal-Mart Avery had to go to the bathroom so, off we went to the family restroom in the back. I had Raegan in the front of the buggy and Avery in the big part. I parked the buggy, got Avery out, and started walking to the bathroom. I opened the door and at the same time realized, "Oh yeah, I have 2 kids...." I walked back to the buggy to get Raegan. The lady that was working back there said, "Don't you leave that baby." (she said it in a joking way) I just kinda played it off like I was checking to see if anyone was in the bathroom before I got them both out of the buggy!! I felt SO bad though! I was only like 4 feet from her and I only forgot her for about 4 seconds, but I felt TERRIBLE!! So, maybe that story can make you feel better about forgetting to plug up your crock pot!! hahaha

Kari Sanchez said...

LOL that cracked me up! I always heard that having children makes you lose your mind but I didnt think it was the truth! I am so forgetful now. I can NEVER leave the housejust once, I always come back inside at least once because I forgot something. Oh the joys of motherhood ;) Prayers for your sister.