Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Menu Plan Monday.. time to weigh in!





Grilled Chicken, Corn on the Cobb, Green Beans

Italian Roast Wraps, Fruit Salad

Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Potato Wedges, Carrot Sticks w/ Ranch Dressing

Homemade Pizza



Egg Salad Sandwiches, Fruit

Spaghetti, Salad

Braised Bistro Chicken (maybe I'll get around to this one this week!), Veggie
Pork Chops, Baked Potato, Salad



For breakfast we have giant breakfast cookies and banana muffins in the freezer, cheese and cinnamon toast and of course, cereal. I haven't totally given up on all boxed foods... yet. ;)

BTW, the giant breakfast cookies are really good! The kids love them! I made mine with dried cranberries. They taste like oatmeal cookies! We finished a box of generic nutri grain cereal bars and I'm vowing not to buy anymore!

I'm also attempting homemade onion rings at some point! I'll let you know how they turn out.

Last week I made the Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche. I was blessed by two different people with a dozen farm fresh eggs, so needless to say I had and still have eggs to use (see egg salad above!) and this was a perfect way to do it! It really was yummy! The boys wouldn't even hardly look at it (much less try it!) but the Hubs and I loved it!


I also made the chicken satay skewers this weekend. This was a big hit with everyone. Well, minus the peanut sauce. There is just something not right about dipping chicken in peanut butter! The boys loved the chicken on skewers. They were calling them chicken suckers! I will definitely be making this again. I rarely get Luke to eat chicken without being breaded in the form of a nugget! The marinade is super easy (btw, if you look at the link, it calls for sesame oil and I just used olive oil) and would be a great marinade for chicken on the grill!

Ok, ok. I did weigh in this past Friday. Thankfully, the scales had not moved! I didn't gain or lose and honestly I'm glad for the lack of change because I was expecting a little gain! I'm hoping to get more exercise in this week since the bathroom remodel is finished!

Well, Eli is up.. he's battling a cold and cough! Might be a long night!



0 comments: