Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Guard your time.. your family time!

As I sat here eating my lunch and the boys watched a little Imagination Movers before nap time, I hopped over to A Wise Woman Builds Her Home. I was skimming through her most recent posts and came across this one. It is entitled "The Start of a New School Year" but there is so much more to it. It's much more about our time and family! Hop over and read it.. and then come back.. I'll wait.

....

Good stuff, huh? I mean, I know my children aren't in school yet, but oh how I desire to remember Mrs. Fuentes lesson when they are in school full swing! And even though now the only activity that Luke is involved in is soccer, I know this is a lesson that I need to hide in my heart, now. This is something we need now!


"Consider this, what if a family chose NOT break up their family, especially when Dad was home and instead chose to do things together?" (A Wise Woman Builds Her Home)
What a concept! Do activities together as a family?! I know and see so many who are pulled all over the place during the week (and weekends!) and the family rarely eats dinner together much less gets to do something together. We all know Satan attacks the family fiercely, so we must guard ours with everything we have. It's okay to not do everything that everyone else does! It's okay to be different and do things differently. How can we pour God into our children if we are never together and pulled in different directions? How can we mirror service and love for others to our children if we don't have time because of this activity or that?


May we seek Him for wisdom and discernment in all that we do!


"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:15-16


0 comments: