Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Letter M

Last week we did the letter M. It was a short week with Labor Day but we did get a good bit in. We of course started with the letter M collage. Letter M is for Money, Mouse, Marbles, Milk and Mop.











We did a cute Totally Tots letter M craft. M is for Mouse!









We read two books about mice. The first was Mouse Count by Ellen Stoll Walsh.



After reading the book we did a counting activity. I wrote numbers 1-10 onto index cards then I gave Luke a pile of paper clips. He had to randomly draw numbers and then clip the correct number of paper clips onto each card!


We also read Mouse Paint by Walsh. And then we painted mice! We learned about mixing red, blue and yellow paints to make purple, green and orange! I drew 3 ovals on 4 pieces of paper (2 for Luke and 2 for Eli). They painted 3 mice red, blue and yellow. Then they mixed the paint to get orange, purple and green. After they are dry you can add faces, arms, legs and tail. Here is Luke painting his mice:




And here is Eli painting:





We also made Double Chocolate Chip Muffins (this recipe , minus the cherries) and read If You Give A Moose A Muffin!




Last we went on a Letter M scavenger hunt! Fun!






Here is what he found: Mouthwash, Movie, Markers, Man, Monster Truck, Magazine, Make up, Money, Magnet and Mirror.

Luke also worked on his Kumon Uppercase Workbook!
Our verse for the week was, "A merry heart does good like a medicine." Proverbs 17:22


Our Family Rule that we learned was: We Tell The Truth ~ Exodus 20:16 - "You shall not lie."


And a cute story about our 'rule' that hopefully shows reinforcing these things is working... Today, the boys were playing in Luke's room and I heard them bickering. Then I heard Eli start crying. Before I was able to head in that direction, Luke ran into our bedroom, came up to me and said, "Mommy, I'm not going to lie. Eli was trying to get my clothes and I took my arm and pushed him."


He got a spanking. But I did tell him I was thankful that he told me the truth!


:)




.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like a fun week!!

And I love the "I will not lie" story =)