Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Grrrr... this is my 3rd attempt at writing and posting this!

Simple. Simple. Simple.


That is the theme for this weeks menu! I had to be really frugal this week too because we've eaten out so much in the past 2 weeks (for birthday's and Mother's Day). So, here is the plan:


  • Hotdogs (all beef, Hebrew National kind), Mac & Cheese, Corn on the Cob

  • Smoked Pork Chops, Fried Potatoes & Onions, Fruit Salad (strawberries, bananas, blueberries in a little lemon juice)

  • Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup, Cucumber Salad (which consists of sliced cucumber & Italian dressing)

  • Flounder Filet's (baked w/ a little olive oil, garlic and lemon juice), Sauteed Squash & Onions, Green Beans

  • Spaghetti, Salad, Breadsticks

Last week recipe reviews: The chicken teriyaki drumsticks were really good. I think R really liked them. The only thing I plan on changing when I make them again (and I will) will be that I'll lower the cooking temp and increase the cooking time. 450 degrees was just too high and the skin cooked faster than I wanted it too. I think lowering it to about 400 until they are cooked through and then bumping it up for the last few minutes to crisp up the skin is a better way to go. The honeyed carrots were great and I know they will be on future menus. They were a nice change for a side dish. I always seem to get stuck in a rut for side dishes!

I got a really good deal on the hotdogs for this week, which we rarely eat. I actually don't think we've ever had them here at home. We usually only have them when we go to a cook out. Luke has never eaten a hotdog. I have been craving one though! :) I think because they are Hebrew National, all beef, made from the um.. upper part of the cow, I feel a lot better about feeding them to my family. Oh and I bought the lower fat variety!
And since most of my menu was in my freezer or pantry, I was able to splurge on fish (which I really want to add more to our menus).

Breakfast this week: Cereal, cherry oatmeal muffins, eggs/toast

Lunch: Leftovers, Ham or PB sandwich, carrot sticks, yogurt, fruit

Snacks: Granola Oatmeal Bites, Raisins, PB Crackers, Fruit

Our fruit choices this week: Watermelon (sm seedless one... that I hope is sweet!), bananas, oranges, blueberries, strawberries... oh and I picked up a mango just for giggles.

Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas! :)




0 comments: