Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Menu Plan... Um, Tuesday

Yep, I'm a day late! Yesterday was busy and I just wasn't at the computer much. I'm trying to keep that a common goal. The computer is my life sucker. And I want my life. So, in a quick and hurried fashion here is my menu:

Spaghetti (leftover from the weekend)

Chicken Noodle Soup, Corn Bread

Pork Chops, Green Peas, Sauteed Cabbage and Tomatoes

Beef Enchiladas (using this method) w/ Black Beans.. or maybe Beef and Black Bean Burritos

Ham and Swiss Melts, Broccoli Salad

I'm also going to be making up some banana muffins and we have Apple Walnut Pancakes in the freezer from a big batch I made last week! And I'm hoping to try these granola bars out.

The Ham & Swiss Melts and Pork Chop meals Luke picked (well he didn't pick the cabbage/tomato side but..). Luke really likes pork chops, though I'm not a huge fan. I just never manage to keep them from becoming dry. And it doesn't really seem to matter how I cook them. Occasionally, they will turn out pretty good... but it's really hit or miss. I usually bake them with some homemade bbq sauce, searing them first in a skillet. The ones I picked up today are boneless. Anyone have any tried and true recipes for tender chops?

Have a great week!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Yummy menu as always ;)

Jackson likes pork chops too so I try make them for him. I usually get the boneless ones myself. My usual method is baking in the oven with bbq sauce. I do not sear mine before putting them in the oven (I may need to try that) Ours usually are pretty moist though I have no idea why. Sorry, that is not much help to you. =)