Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

I Am ~ Lesson 9

Well, it's been a while..
I think the whole getting pregnant thing just threw me off for a while! So, today I'm gonna start the I Am Bible Study, right where I left off! It's soo good... go over to The Preacher's Wife and check it out!

Discussion Questions:
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on how often your conversation is seasoned with the works of the Lord on your behalf? If you speak very little of Him, is there a reason you know of? If you speak often, how do people respond? Hmm.. I'd say a 7. I think my conversations are seasoned with the works of the Lord. (At least I hope they are!) I desperately want my only boasting to be in the Lord. I mean I can't even breath without His say so!!
2. Have you experienced a Set Up for a Show Up when you were uncertain whether the situation was the chastisement of the Lord or a temptation of Satan? Let me think about this..
3. Have you ever or are you now experiencing any Job trials where you can still not identify any wrong-doing on your part? I don't think I have ever experienced any 'Job trials'. If I have then they have been very minor things. (and I guess if they were minor.. they definitely weren't 'Job trials'!!)
4. Apply this principle: How can my response make my God famous? Will obedience result in my sanctification and God's Glory? The way we respond to any trial or circumstance will reflect God. I mean, if that's who we claim to put our trust in, our actions/reactions will prove whether or not we truly believe He is trustworth and faithful. You know, I don't know if I conciously think this but I should: will my response to {insert situation here} be one that brings God glory? If I can't answer yes.. then maybe I should rethink my response!! And yes, obedience always results in sanctification and brings God glory!!
5. Does the origin of our affliction matter in view of the fame God can gain from it? I don't think so.. I think that it has everything to do with how we respond.

Just a thought.. no matter how we respond.. or how we might fail.. God will get glory. It's amazing to think that He doesn't need us for His glory.. He chooses to use us to get it!


0 comments: