Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday (Recipe) and other ramblings

I'm sitting here having a horrible time coming up with a menu this week for some reason! UGH! It's driving me crazy. I didn't make up one last week because it was a crazy week but I've got to grocery shop tomorrow before we all starve! So.... Let me think...

**OK, so every time I attempt to put the MPM picture here my computer freezes. So, no pic this time. Click here to see more menus!

Monday- Blueberry Pancakes (made partially w/ whole wheat flour ~ recipe below), Fruit (Luke had plain pancakes, for some strange reason he loves blueberry waffles.. but he won't eat blueberry pancakes! Go figure!)
Tuesday- Crisp and Creamy Baked Chicken, Green Beans, Rice
Wednesday- Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Potato Salad
Thursday- Fajitas, Beef or chicken.. not sure yet!, Green Salad
Friday- Homemade Pizza (cheese for R/Luke, and mushrooms and olives for me!)

OK, that's as good as it gets! :)

I will confess, I normally make my pancakes with Bisquick but tonight I decided to try another recipe, a healthier version! Anyways, I altered it a little. The original came from All Recipes.

Blueberry Pancakes


3/4 c white flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp white sugar
1Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 c milk (you may need a little extra milk, maybe 1-2 Tbsp to get the right texture)
blueberries (I didn't actually measure.. I probably used about a cup of frozen berries)

Mix flours, baking powder, salt and sugars together with a whisk. Mix milk, oil and vanilla. Beat egg slightly and add to milk mixture. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined. I used a 1/4 c measuring cup to pour out my pancakes on the griddle. Sprinkle desired amount of blueberries on, flip when bubbles form around the outer edge. Make sure to spray the griddle for each pancake as the blueberries tend to want to stick once flipped. Makes 8 (compact disk size) pancakes.

*If you use fresh blueberries you could mix them in before you put them on the griddle but with the frozen there is just too much juice. I actually thawed my blueberries in the microwave for about 30 seconds on 50% power. They were still slightly frozen but not solid, and worked great. I did try Luke's plain ones and they were really good. They would be really good with a tsp of cinnamon in them! YUM! I think I'll try mashed banana in his next time, or pumpkin/cinnamon! I will probably up the amount of whole wheat flour too. Since this was the first time making pancakes w/ WW flour I wasn't sure how the texture would be but they were really good. I think they would still be good if the measurements for flour were flipped.

In other totally random news:

My hair is now long enough to pull up in a (tiny) pony tail. It hasn't been this long in a WHILE!

Luke ate baby corn today, and if you know anything about my son's eating habits this is a big deal! I microwaved one of those steamfresh bags of Asian veggies and he ate every baby corn that was in it. I was so surprised! He also ate a few of the carrots in there too. He has also recently started eating peanut butter sandwiches (toasted bread/no jelly), which I am grateful for. He doesn't eat much protein so this helps in that area.

Have a blessed week!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love Pancakes! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
You have a terrific day!