Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cravings....

One of the highlights of pregnancy: eating. And though I try to eat pretty good, sometimes you just gotta give in to those cravings.. I was thinking today about the different things I've wanted now, compared with Luke.
Note: I have never made R run to the store at midnight.. I think that is just ridiculous! (I've never really known anyone that has admitted to anything like that... although I did hear a story of a woman who would send her hubby occasionally to the movie theater for 'movie theater popcorn'!!)

First, with Luke:
Cranberry Juice- I drank it every morning when I was pregnant with him.
Lemons- Only in the beginning though.. I remember a few weeks after we found out I was pregnant R brought me home a bag of lemons and some pink carnations. How sweet!
Ice Cream- although I shouldn't really count this because I typically LOVE ice cream even when not pregnant
Green Olives- YUM, right out of the jar.
S'mores- This started roughly around 37 weeks and lasted until I gave birth. I made them in the microwave. When we moved last year I found a bag of large marshmallows in the back of the pantry. Memories... :)

Baby #2
Orange Juice- I drink a glass every morning.
Jalapenos/banana pepper rings- So good on a sandwich.
Blueberry bagels with cream cheese- Ok, I don't eat this every morning, although I'd love to! I limit myself.
Ice Cream- haha..

With both pregnancies the only thing I didn't want was Italian food, but only in the first trimester. The smell of parmesan cheese and garlic just made me sick. I can eat it now, I just couldn't in the beginning.

I've really been wanting to go eat a big salad at the Olive Garden. Sounds good, huh?



1 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Salad at Olive Garden always sounds good! I craved nectarines and fried plantain chips from a local restaurant with #1.

Xandra