Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Banana Blueberry Muffins

1 cup whole wheat flour*
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar**
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 375. In bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Beat sugar and butter together; add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Mix in mashed banana. Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter into paper lined muffin tins. This recipe makes 9 muffins and doubles well! Double and put half in the freezer for quick breakfasts! Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean!

The boys LOVED these and I was soo happy to give them such a yummy and good for them treat!


*I'm using King Arthur Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour in my recipes and I love it! White wheat bakes up lighter than a red wheat, they also make an organic version but I haven't been able to find it around here.
**I used Rapunzel Pure Organic Whole Cane Sugar (Unrefined) in this recipe. It worked really well and tasted so good!


0 comments: