Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Establish Me, O God

I can't believe I'm sitting down to blog about what's going on for me, my life, my heart! Not because it's something profound, yet it is profound. So, the kids aren't here and I actually have a minute to think. My wonderful, amazing husband took the kids swimming and that has given me 3 hours to myself! THREE! I'm heading to Zumba in a little bit but until then I wanna share. I really have no idea where this is going to go!

I haven't talked much here lately about what's going on in my personal walk with Christ. Mainly because I just don't have time. It's easy for me to sit down and type out my menu or post a few pictures of the boys and our projects but to sit down and share what God is doing in my life takes time and thought. I do want to share though because it's important. And I use to share so often.. but again, that was with one child. So much changes!

It's hard to even describe what God's been doing in my heart over the past few months. I know that He is just continuing His work in me. A verse that could sum up what's been going on in my heart is from Philippians 2:

"12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."

I have spent the past few months looking at my life. Looking for Him. I just want to know Him deeply and in so many areas of my life everything was just so superficial. So, I've spent many days and nights just begging Him to deepen my desire for Him... begging Him to reveal Himself to me.. begging Him to help me repent of those things that steal my affections for Him... begging Him to show me His mercy and love. And He has. And He is. And He will. He is faithful. Just to know He is working in me, gives me such peace and security.

So, that's why it's profound. Because He is God. And He calls me... and He woos me. And I can't even begin to comprehend. What a beautiful God.

I'm promising myself to write more about this though. Because He truly is everything.


1 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing Crystal....you are so right, it does not take much time to post about the kids or projects going on.
It is so amazing what Goad reveals when we are commited to truely seeing.