Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - 8/30


What a weekend! I had fully planned sitting down and going over my menu yesterday! Well, that didn't happen! Hopefully I can share all the details later! Money is tighter than tight this week so, we're pretty much pantry and freezer eating! Thank goodness we've got lots of meat in the freezer! What a blessing! So, here is what we're having (2 repeats):


Monday- Papa's Birthday Dinner

Tuesday- Creamy Chicken and Potatoes, Rolls *

Wednesday- Pork Chops, Green Beans, Corn on the Cobb*

Thursday- Beef Stir Fry and Rice

Friday- Chicken Tacos, Rice & Beans

Saturday- Shepherds Pie

Sunday- Leftovers/ Sandwiches

*Because of the craziness of the weekend, 2 of our meals were moved to this week!

The Turkey Sausage and Spinach Pasta from last week was yummy! I had it for lunch two days in a row! It was quick and easy to prepare. My only advice is to NOT stir the Parmesan cheese into the pasta water. Just stir in the water and then stir in the cheese last. Otherwise you'll end up with a blob of cheese at the bottom of the bowl, that you'll have to scoop out (luckily I had more parm cheese!).


See you later! Have a great week!

Check out orgjunkie.com for more menu ideas!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Menu sounds yummy as always!

Aren't you glad you have the meat in the freezer??? I know I am thankful when I stock up =)

Brie said...

We stocked up this week on meat when we ran across sales...good thing too 'cause we had some unexpected bills!