Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yummy Treat: Homemade "Starbucks" Frappuccino


I found this recipe over at Women Living Well and tried it out yesterday! YUM! I love Starbucks but we don't go often. It is a very special treat when we are able to pick up a coffee out! Well, when I found this recipe I had to try it... and then try it again today.. ahem. I'm promising not to try it again for a while! Here is the recipe:

Mocha Frappuccino

3/4 cup chilled, double strength coffee
2 TBS sugar (Courtney's calls for 3 but I've found that 2 is good for me! Always trying to cut back!)
3 TBS Hershey's Syrup
2 cups milk
2 cups ice

Pour all into a blender and blend until smooth. This makes two servings!

Today, I left out the Hershey's and it was yummy! I think my hubby would like this one best! He tried the mocha one yesterday and liked it! We don't have a blender but we do have a stick immersion blender and it works fine! You can also sub caramel syrup for a Caramel Frappuccino. Use decaf if you want!

I made 6 cups of coffee, with a full scoop (for 12 cups) then just chilled it a pitcher in the fridge. This will last about 3 days. We use a 1/3 measuring cup for a full 12 cup pot of coffee. My mom taught us this... and it kind of makes me wonder how others measure out their coffee.

I highly recommend you checking out Courtney's blog. I really love it! She writes a lot on marriage and how to love, respect and submit to our husbands the way the Bible teaches! I've watched many of her videos and she is such an encourager too! She's also a homeschooling mom!


2 comments:

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Hooray! I am so glad you like the recipe AND thank you so much for the linky love!!! Keep walking with the King!
Courtney

Kristi said...

My husband loves iced coffee and many of the cold Starbucks drinks, so I'll have to try this for him. If I do drink coffee, it has to be hot!

I've always used our nice coffee scoops from Gevalia to measure out the coffee grounds. Different coffee has varying strengths, and we just have to experiment. I like one scoop for 6 cups of coffee, but my husband will have 5-7 scoops for 12 cups of coffee...Yuck! lol!