Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chocolate Banana Muffin


We love muffins around here! They are quick to put together and a good double batch will make us a few breakfasts and snacks! I had a few bananas that needed to be used but I really wanted something a little different than banana muffins/bread. So, I decided to use my Double Chocolate Cherry Muffin recipe and alter it a bit. Here is the yummy result!

Chocolate Banana Muffins

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sucanat (unrefined sugar)
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil (or melted butter)
2-3 smashed overripe bananas

Preheat oven to 375. Grease tins or line with paper liners. In a medium bowl whisk buttermilk, eggs and vanilla together. In a large bowl whisk together flour, rapadura, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. With a spatula fold in wet ingredients and bananas until barely combined. Next mix in coconut oil. Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes. Toothpick in center should come out pretty clean with a few crumbs! These were super moist!

When I make this recipe, I make 12 regular muffins and 24 mini muffins! You could halve it easily and just make a dozen regular! They do freeze well so it's worth it to make the extra to me!





1 comments:

Jessica Heights said...

Oh my...those look amazing!!!