Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Pasta Salad




I made this pasta salad for the Fourth. I'm not sure about everyone else but I loved it! I came up with dressing on my own in attempt to avoid unhealthy oils (soybean, vegetable, canola) that are in most pre made salad dressings. It would be a great addition to any summer cookout!

Pasta Salad

2 cups spiral pasta, uncooked
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, diced
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
2.5 oz can sliced black olives
1 cup feta cheese

Dressing

6 TBS olive oil
4 TBS red wine vinegar
2 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Boil pasta. While pasta is cooking, mix dressing ingredients together with a whisk and set aside. Be sure to whisk enough to dissolve salt and sugar. When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse in cold water. Drain well. In a large bowl add pasta, vegetables, cheese and olives. Pour dressing over pasta and toss well to coat. Refrigerate at least 1-2 hours before serving.

A great addition to this salad would be marinated artichokes!

Let me know if you try it! What is your favorite summer side dish?

Check out Janelle at Comfy In The Kitchen! She shares lots of great recipes and today is link up day where others are sharing their yummy recipes too!





2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I'm going to try your pasta salad tomorrow, but the sugar doesn't say whether it is 1 TBS or 1 tsp. Can you help? Thanks!

Crystal said...

Thank you for noticing the error! It is 1 tsp! I am changing it now!